Roundwood Street Festival – Soapbox Derby 20th of July 2014
This is a fun free event but naturally there are a few basic rules
Competition Information & Rules
- The course for the event will be on Roundwood Bank starting above seating area and finishing outside Vartry House – Byrne and Woods.
- Each Soap Box driver will be expected to compete in two runs, one practise and one qualifying run. The winner will go through to a final.
- All Soap Boxes must be well constructed with completely functional brakes and steering.
- Braking with the hands and feet is not permitted.
- Brakes should function independently of the steering and should be connected to and operated on at least two wheels.
- No storage power or external energy sources are allowed (catapults particle accelerator etc.)
- Soap Boxes should not exceed a maximum of 2 metres x 1 metre and weigh less than 50 kilos.
- All Soap Boxes to be presented at 6pm where they will be scrutinised and judged.
- Race starts at 7pm. No more than one person will be allowed to push the Soap Box.
- The push start will be between two clearly defined lines.
- The Soap Box cannot be pushed after the second line has been reached.
- We encourage all participants to be as creative with their designs as possible; there will be a special prize for the most unusual (and functional) Soap Box.
- No entry fee
- ALL COMPETITORS PARTICIPATE AT THEIR OWN RISK
- ONLY COMPETITORS WHO HAVE SIGNED THE INDEMNITY FROM WILL BE ALLOWED COMPETE
- ORIGINAL FACTORY PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- THE COMPULSORY DRESS CODE CONSISTS OF A HELMET, PANTS & TOP.
- ALL COMPETITORS WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBEY THE EVENT STEWARDS ON THE DAY.
- THE DECISIONS OF THE ROUNDWOOD FESTIVAL SOAP BOX JUDGES ARE FINAL
- PARENTAL PERMISSION REQUIRED IF DRIVER IS UNDER 18