Roundwood on the Move 9.00am – 2.00pm Saturday 19th July
(Further details below)
- Participants on each activity are required to sign-in at the Parish hall.
- A charge of €5 per adult for each of the activities above is payable at registration in the parish hall (children on the Wild Child Walk go free).
- Walkers are welcome to return to the Parish hall at lunch time for soup, rolls and a lively toe-tapping entertainment with a trad session by local musicians.
- Hill-walk: Crone Wood to Pier Gates at Luggala along the Wicklow Way.
This route has been chosen to be suitable for people who are interested in trying out hill-walking for the first time. We’re not aiming to break any speed records on this walk so if you’d like to give hill-walking a try this is the one for you! The walk is approx 3hrs long.Bus transfer to walk and back to the Roundwood Parish Hall. You will need to pre-register for the walk. Please email email@example.com with the name(s) and a contact phone number to save your place(s) on the walk.
- Historical Ramble through Roundwood Village
This walk, led again by Martin Timmons local historian and member of the Roundwood Historical and Folklore Society, will be a gentle-paced ramble in and around the village that will give you the opportunity to hear a little more about the history and lore associated with some familiar local landmarks. This year, Martin will focus on a different area of the village so if you went on this walk last year you’ll learn more again this year.
- Wild Child Walk
A great choice for a ramble with the kids. This walk will be based around the ‘small pond’ and will have plenty of time to spot any interesting wild-life. Bring along a jar with a lid to help examine the bugs and the beasties. Part of the walk is on an off-road trail, is not well suited for buggies and will need sturdy footwear for both adults and kids. Children must be accompanied by their parents/guardians on this walk.